View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 09:33 AM
mengler

Originally Posted by mamagrande View Post
I like to make t-shirt quilts. just finished one last week. I like to add shashing and a cornerstone so I have to make sure that all the blocks measure exactly in this case 14.5 inches. I have made about 6 and have been paid $160 - $300 depending on size and wheather they brought fabric or not.

I first took a class on making these t-shirt quilt and that really helps because it gives you confidence to quote a price. With fabrics at $13 a yard it is more expensive now, please do not short change yourself.
Someday I'm going to make a t shirt quilt for my husband. In anticipation, when Craftsy.com had a sale on the class, I bought it for moral support. I'm not a traditional quilter and make all different types of quilt like items in addition so I am intrigued rather than daunted. It doesn't look that difficult, but a bit tedious and time consuming. I think once you prepare the blocks it's like any other big block quilt. 15" blocks. I don't think I'd make one unless it was a gift for someone really wanted to do it for. Can't see doing it for fun or profit.