Old 10-17-2015, 06:02 PM
dublb

OH Sue! I just love it! Tell her it's wonderful! (Blue is my favorite color after all.)

I meant to tell ya'll about moving my dresser to Brady. My DGDad built it years ago. I don't remember a time when I wasn't using it. My DSis & I used it as we grew up & it has been mine & DH's all 32plus years of my marriage. It is cherry wood & the drawers are made outta cedar. It has a large mirror but that will have to stay downstairs as the upstairs ceilings are sloped. It is big but w/out the drawers it isn't that heavy, but it is very bulky.
Well getting it on the trailer was a piece of cake & even getting it off the trailer wasn't hard a'tall. We had to get it up the deck stairs & that is where the trouble started. I told DH that I wanted to go first & backwards. We went one step at a time. One step DH took a step a bit faster than I did & my leg got pinned between the step & the dresser. It didn't hurt but I couldn't move it. Mike wanted to back down a step but I was afraid that I wouldn't hold it well if he did. Any way I worked hard on getting my leg to move & after a minute I found myself sitting on the next step. LOL I sat there a min & decided to grab the bottom of the dresser w/my hands then move my butt up to the next step. I did that for 5 or 6 steps. Yes I crab walked backwards up those stairs pulling that dresser up w/me. Mike & I were laughing so hard. OK, I was laughing he really didn't laugh till he knew for sure I was alright. It was nothing after that to get it onto the middle room of the upstairs after that.