Old 10-20-2015, 12:31 PM
ArchaicArcane

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the suggestions. For those who aren't carrying a hard case but have the machine in a softbag, do you find that the machine is more susceptible to scratches from the bag or bumps and bruises?

I've tried the rolling bags but here where it snows a lot in the winter, I've actually yanked the wheels out of alignment /off trying to pull something heavy through the snow, plus then it's all wet when you get it inside and drips everywhere. So for my immediate purposes, it doesn't work even though I love taking the weight off my shoulder with a rolling bag.

caspharm - which pattern is it that you have for the FW? I have come across a few but so far would modify all of them. Yeah, I'm being picky but that's probably because her tumble is so fresh in my mind.

I'll be poking around eBay and etsy for ideas for sure today - she did tweak my shoulder and neck yesterday so I'm slow moving today. Good day for gathering ideas.

Sewnoma, if you're still reading this, I'd love to see the one you liked!

Holly H, what you describe is part of why I try to carry smaller bags. It's like a purse, the bigger it is, the more stuff I cram in it.

Rodney - yes, this is one place where it's possible that on a strictly materials basis that fabric might be cheaper than building with wood just because of the cost of hardware. Plus, I find that a bag bumping against my hip is easier to manage than something solid. I'll post what I manage to come up with, even if it means necromancering the thread.