View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:41 AM
Bubbie

I'm lucky, because I do have choices. But I'm finding myself stuck, I'm a small business too. I try to support my LQS, but most of the time I'm unable to spend the time running from shop to shop (I know getting to shop shouldn't be looked at as a problem), so I have limited my self to only one or two LQS and JF along with the Mill End Store (the sewing machine place is next door to Mill End, so I can get into a LOT of trouble). I like the fact that you can look on line and find what you like, but I am still a "Purest" at heart I want to touch my fabric before I buy it. And when I buy I don't have sales tax, so ordering on line paying the shipping is like paying sales tax for me. I know "What kind of cheese, do I want with my wine?". The on line shoppes can offer a lot more fabric than the LQS, because they are only warehouses. The rent on a warehouse is a lot less than a shop in downtown. So we all buy from what works for each of us, and we change our sewing and quilt making to go along with what we have available. Shopping local, on line, in our stash or from our friends stashes - We are quilters and we make things work.