Old 10-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Mickey2

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Tammi you mentioned a light bulb trick for musty cases? Where do I find that info?
I have a couple card board boxes for attatchments that reeks of cellar. Have you found anything that helps? I have them on a book shelf in a warm dry room, lid off and hope they will eventually air off sooner than later. It's been about a year now and it's much better, but still not quite there yet, not enough to close the lid on the boxes.

I'm thinking of filling the bottom of them with baking soda, and leave them in in a plastjc a couple of days, then replace it. I know it will air off eventually, but it would be nice to speed the process up a bit. It certainly doesn't get better by closing the lids and storing them away some where.

UV light bulbs helps with odours, but will lead to deterioration of the materials in the case, especially leather and paper. I might be something we regret later on. Ozon treatment cleans out smells, but I'm not sure if these old cases can handle harsh treatments like that. I think thats' what the UV bulbs produce, the temporarily split the oxygen molecules in the air, making ozon molecules.

Last edited by Mickey2; 10-21-2015 at 09:15 AM.