View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 09:10 AM
DivaDee

A story about Wal-Mart. When our local Wal-Mart was built, (at least 20 years ago) I was making custom wedding gowns. I swore I would never buy from them, as their reputation for running small business out of town.
I used a lot of velvet. I would only use a good quality velvet. I ordered wholesale, paid $17.00 a yard plus shipping. It comes by truck on a metal rack, so as not to crush it. You can imagine the shipping cost. A full bolt was 10-12 yards. Which I had to buy to get it wholesale. Sometimes I would have to order a full bolt to get a color, for maybe a flower girl dress, and then sit on the rest of it, hoping someone else needed that color. WELL, one day I ventured into WM to look for something else. Wandered into the fabric dept and lo and behold, there was velvet. It was the same company, same quality. It was 9.97 a yard and I only needed to buy what I needed. I am a small business owner, now what would you do? Of course I bought from Walmart. I called my wholesaler and asked about it. They only produce one line, so it was exactly the same. I am sure this happens a lot.