View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 12:45 PM
maviskw

Originally Posted by RonieM View Post
You've given me a lot to think about. Our garage is not attached to the house - it sits off to one side and behind the house, so its not possible to connect the two.

I've thought about a dumb waiter, stair chairs, etc., but the way the garage was constructed, there just isn't room to put anything like that in. BTW - the stairs are inside the garage.

We have a very small house and the only room I could consider taking over would be the dining room. But that would be a fraction of the size of the room I am currently using and it wouldn't fit my long arm (or much of my sewing stuff period).

I'm thinking the addition might be the way to go, because I plan on spending another 20 or more years in that house. The fact that it would add value to the home is something to consider as well.
Never say never! I wanted a garage connected to the house and couldn't figure out where to put it. Finally I thought: why not put it in front of the house? The living room windows are on the south and east side, and the kitchen windows are on the north side, so west side (road side) windows were only bedrooms. That's where I put my garage, ten feet from the house, and love it.

Have someone else look over the placement of the house and garage. New eyes may figure out a way to connect the house and garage, downstairs or upstairs.