Old 10-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Mickey2

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
...Flat Felled -like jeans if I recall my stitches? I agree. I know someone with a patcher and may be able to talk him into doing some of the webbing seams if I get into trouble. I think with the webbing stitched all the way up the bag though, it should hold pretty well, especially if the seams aren't in line with the bottom seam (another selling point for a perimeter seamed bottom)...
Yes, those used on jeans. I've noticed they are standard on work clothes that need the extra strength, any type of shirt, and finer evening wear made in chiffon, organza and similar fabrics where extra enforcement of the frabric and shaping is an advantage. I've seen it used on unusual fabrics like silk-acetat blends too. Lately I have developed a fascination for different seam types, but I've never heard of perimeter seams? I picture googeled it but nothing useful turned up. There's serveral ways about it though, I'm sure you find something that suits the pattern.

If you use handles of webbing, sturdy seams and clever construction it should hold plenty. Single minimal seams look nicer, but where it needs the streangth, I have gone for stitching a square with a cross inside, or just a lot of forward and reverse in places. Top stitch thread or extra strength can be a must.

Best of luck :- )