Old 10-21-2015, 07:48 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by kay carlson View Post
I purchased one of the canvas bags from Land's End when they had a sale and free shipping. I don't recall the size, but I do know that the construction and materials will wear like iron.

In the interim, you might consider making a slip-over quilted cover to protect the case. Someone on Etsy made mine in a beautiful Amy Butler print. The cover slips over the top (think toaster cover) and case handle is exposed for carrying. Good luck!
Hey Kay, I did see those covers. The problem I have with them is that vintage handles and cases should really not be trusted for carrying. I've seen the aftermath of a machine coming out of the bottom and have had several cases where the handle was either punched through the top or the surrounding area was so damaged from the weight that it wasn't possible to perform an attractive fix at all. I have seen a couple of totes in very attractive fabrics that are basically that cover turned upside down - that I'm all over.

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I bought a bag on wheels to cart my sewing machine around in. It is low to the ground and will fit a FW and many accessories. Joann Fabric sells them and with a coupon I spent a paltry $35 for it and there are several other storage bags that come with them. It is about twelve years old and still wonderful. I got my moneys worth.
peace
I so wish I could live somewhere that I could use something like that year round. I just do too much damage to them in the winter trying to drag them through snow.