Old 10-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
I see that you mean but I figure it this way: When I take her sewing - everyone already knows what she is and I'm always with her. The groups I tend to go to, I know the ladies quite well too. I suppose if I were going to a class where I didn't know anyone, it might be different.
That's sensible - for me, when I take my machine places I'm usually taking it along on work trips or vacations so it's passing through hotels and the hands of hotel staff. I recently had to check my baggage early at a hotel and I was nervous the whole time because my FW was just sitting there in its case in some room...I didn't have a key for the lock at that point (I do now) and I was worried someone would see it and know what it was and help themselves to some of the more expensive parts. Probably not a necessary worry as it was a nice hotel (and nothing did happen to it) but even in nice hotels, sometimes people aren't honest. So if I can make it look like something boring I would feel better about it! Those little black cases are SO distinctive if you are in the sewing machine world.

I would want to embroider something like "C-Pap" on the outside. Nope, not a cute little FW in here, just a boring breathing machine...nothing to see here, move along...