View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 05:54 AM
MissSongbird

Default My "Recent" Quilts

I haven't posted on here in a long while. Mostly because I haven't been able to make very make quilts over the past year to year and a half. So since I haven't shown anything in a while I figured I would show you all the last two quilts (as far as I can't remember).

Note to self: I need to actually take my own pictures of my finished quilts...I'm not so great at that lol

The first one is a quilt I made for my boyfriend about a year and a half ago. It was inspired by the sea since his living room is beach/ ocean inspired. It matched perfectly and now uses it on the couch every night and his cat babies love it. (The picture is just of the top. It had a gradient blue > tan > brown back and dark brown binding.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533837[/ATTACH]

This second one was made for a former dance instructor. I'm a ballroom dancer and she taught my team and me since I started dancing (which by then was like 3-4 years). Last year she retired and moved down to Texas, but before she left we had a big bash. With the help of other instructors at the studio, I created blocks and collected signatures and notes from her family, friends, and students. It was even more by the time she got it because it contained a note from her father who by the time of the party had passed away. It is in her (former) studio's colors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533838[/ATTACH]

Thankfully, I've been able to quilt much more lately and have several in the works right now
Attached Thumbnails jeff1.jpg   1623669_4400003094652_8879161640720950457_n.jpg