View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:42 AM
yngldy

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
What I do is get an issue at the bookstore. Then in subsequent months, I get a couple issues of the same magazine. I love all the patterns and subscribe. Then it seems that I like none of the quilts in the issues that come by mail! I'm letting all my subscriptions lapse and just browsing them at the store and buying single issues. Probably more expensive, but more useful. Maybe you need a Barnes & Noble gift card.
That always happens to me too! And then, when you let them lapse, they start having some great patterns. Having said that, I just subscribed to an offer of Quiltmaker and Love of Quilting for $25 for 1 yr. I figured I would probably spend $25 on a few during the year, so I went for it. It is harder to find magazines since HL stopped selling, and Joann's and Michaels put their rack in the cashier line. If you turn around to look for a magazine, you lose your place in line, or people in line get rude with you (you are in their way) if you stand there looking at magazines. Just not worth it! B&N too far to drive just to look for a magazine.

Last edited by yngldy; 10-22-2015 at 08:44 AM.