Old 10-22-2015, 10:55 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
That's sensible - for me, when I take my machine places I'm usually taking it along on work trips or vacations so it's passing through hotels and the hands of hotel staff. I recently had to check my baggage early at a hotel and I was nervous the whole time because my FW was just sitting there in its case in some room...I didn't have a key for the lock at that point (I do now) and I was worried someone would see it and know what it was and help themselves to some of the more expensive parts. Probably not a necessary worry as it was a nice hotel (and nothing did happen to it) but even in nice hotels, sometimes people aren't honest. So if I can make it look like something boring I would feel better about it! Those little black cases are SO distinctive if you are in the sewing machine world.

I would want to embroider something like "C-Pap" on the outside. Nope, not a cute little FW in here, just a boring breathing machine...nothing to see here, move along...
Yes, that totally makes sense. You could take the bobbin case with you if you have to leave it somewhere.

The other thing I'd like to mention is that these machines - even in their boxes - are small enough to just take the whole thing. If they want it, they'll take it. The only thing I really lock mine for (again, knowing where mine goes) - is to help ensure that the latches won't pop open while I'm transporting her either to a bag or into both hands. Sure throws DH for a loop when he tries to help set her up and the latches won't pop.