View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Margie

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I took 2 days of digitizing & editing classes last week from John Deer. Some of you have probably used his embroidery designs. It was FABULOUS even for those who had no desire to digitize embroidery designs. He's VERY entertaining, and his designs are fabulous.

He showed us how to edit embroidery designs with a software package he sells for $200 or with design software such as Pfaff's 4D Embroidery Extra.

He showed us what stabilizers to use with which fabrics. And he demo-ed making a lace butterfly and a fringed banner on a placemat.

And of course, as is true at all classes, there were great deals on embroidery packages. There were DOZENS of them, and I wanted them all! If you ever have a chance to take one of his classes, DO IT!

You've probably seen his heirloom lace embroidery packages at shows and LQSs - they are amazing. He digitized them from 100 year old lace patterns originated in his grandfather's factories. He's a 3rd generation embroiderer.
I am sooo glad you posted this. I signed up for a two day course he is offering in Pittsburgh in March wooohooooo even more excited now.

Margie