Old 10-23-2015, 05:42 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Yes, that totally makes sense. You could take the bobbin case with you if you have to leave it somewhere.
I would have taken my bobbin case out but long story short, I didn't actually even SEE my luggage once we arrived because it was all handled by bellhops and valet service, which I'm totally not used to - I wanted to leave everything in the trunk of the car but the hotel wanted it all brought in so they just fetched it on their own and promised it'd be OK. This was a work thing so things weren't in my control...I'm not used to staying in fancy downtown hotels with bellhops and valet service!

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
The other thing I'd like to mention is that these machines - even in their boxes - are small enough to just take the whole thing. If they want it, they'll take it.
That's definitely true, but I feel like people are more likely to take things that they can slip into their pockets, especially in a work setting where coworkers might see and question them carrying something larger. I figure the more difficult I can make it, the better!

I was at PIQF last weekend and one of the vendors had a FW in their booth. It was sitting alone off to the side of her setup kind of in a corner, completely unattended, with the bed lifted up and the bobbin case in clear view. I would never be that trusting!! I'm such a worrier, I worried about that stranger's FW all afternoon, lol. I hope she didn't get any bits stolen!