Old 10-23-2015, 09:04 AM
starshine

Starshine, are you saying they let you use the flat rate envelopes to send overseas?????? Do they limit it the 4lbs or can you stuff it as full as you want? This is great news if this is how it is. Hoping you say yes to these questions. Wish postal people would tell you these things. Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

I discovered this on the usps.com website. A few years ago I had Gaijin in Japan and at that time I thought it would be about the same as one I had sent to Canada. Found out overseas is higher rate than Canada. and at that time the postal clerk told me overseas it was$26 (and change) for up to 4 lbs. and higher if over 4#. So anyway I checked the usps website under "calculate a price" a few months ago when sending to Scotland to get an idea of what it would cost and the site listed 'flat rate' as one of the options and the padded envelopes came in at the $26(+) for up to 4 pounds so I have used the flat rate and stuff it when going overseas. I think if it is overseas and more than 4 lbs. it will be higher.
Canada was about half of the overseas rate so I don't know what flat rate there would be but if you are sending to Canada or Mexico they have a lower rate than overseas for mail-I guess cause it is on the same continent.