View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 06:06 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Think I've taken most of them in the past few years as I'm an admitted magazineaholic! I like my mags on paper and find that the price is really MUCH better as a subscription. But I recommend that you go to a bookstore where they have a large variety of quilting mags--my library does not and neither do the big box fabric stores and frankly, my LQS rarely has magazines--and flip through some and buy a couple to take home and check closer. While none of them are always wonderful, you'll find the one that most fits your interests that way. I personally like Quiltmaker--patterns not too complex and good variety plus they always show quilting suggestions; American Patchwork--seems I find at least 1 or 2 quilts each month I like; ditto McCalls (although I may not renew those 2 when they expire just cause I'm a little "paper heavy"); I love Machine Quilter's Unlimited cause I learn so much about quilting and get great ideas; I'm interested in taking Modern Quilts Unlimited as I'm becoming more interested in modern quilting and seems l pick up Quilter's World from the rack at Walmart pretty often. I'm one that actually likes advertising to see what's new. I did not renew my AQS as rarely bought items and you can see the winners online; took F & P's Love of Quilting for a couple of years but the quilts all started to look the same to me; and Quilters Newsletter had great information and interviews, but patterns were few and complex and lots of info on shows.