View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 07:23 AM
sparkys_mom

That is disturbing. I was aware that it was made from recyclables and it also makes me wonder now about the Dream Green batting I use. On a different note, I was listening to NPR the other day and they were talking about an ingredient in sunscreen that is lethal to the coral reefs and it doesn't take much of it at all. Something like 50% of the Carribean coral reefs are dying and the ones off Australia are also suffering. It's so sad. There just doesn't seem to be anything that isn't destructive to something!

As far as plastic water bottles, I think they have their place but I hate to see people at CostCo, buying cases of it for everyday use because they think they are getting 'better' water. I've used a Brita water filter for years and the water does taste better but I'm not afraid to use my tap water. I'll buy liter or gallon bottles when I'm traveling with my dog so I have water for him but I use a thermos for myself on a daily basis. There just isn't, IMO, a reason to go through all those plastic bottles on a daily basis.

Last edited by sparkys_mom; 10-25-2015 at 07:33 AM.