View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 10:18 AM
quiltingcandy

The other day when I was watching "This Morning on CBS" they had a fellow on that believes we are too obsessed about recycling because much of the items we recycle create an inferior product that can no longer be recycled. We used to re-use glass soda bottles, now we create something else that is not as strong and can only be used once. Not to mention the recycling process is not always environmentally friendly either. But he also pointed out that everything comes from the earth - petroleum comes from the earth too. Gem stones are created by nature - it doesn't happen overnight, nor does it happen in our lifetime. Much of what he said made sense - wish I could remember his name.

I think it is more important to be concerned over poisons/carcinogens. Depending totally on nature is nice, but we have too many people on this planet to do that. I wish we didn't have to test on animals, but we wouldn't have the medical advances we have now without it. I personally like having the vaccines available, if you have every seen polio up close, it is not easy to watch, we all need to be thankful for Jonas Salk. And measles - that recent out-break because people have gotten away from doing it because of the fake study out of England was so unnecessary.

Personally I don't use the fleece, but I do believe it has its place keeping a lot of people warm that need something light and not a lot of room. If you don't want to use it, that's fine, just try not to condemn others that do.