Old 10-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Bree123

1. You can buy more types of feet than the 2 that came with the machine.
2. You need a new needle after about 8 hours of sewing.
3. You need to oil your machine on a regular basis.
4. Those stores that people call "local quilt shops" do not sell quilts; they sell products to make nice quilts that don't fall apart in the wash. Buy your fabric & thread there!
5. Cotton quilts are supposed to crinkle in the wash. Don't panic!
6. It's nice to listen to other people's input & opinions, but at the end of the day, it's my quilt and I can use whatever fabrics, thread & designs I want with it. (I remember the cute little quilt I made based on a McCall's pattern for my niece with 12 dimensional applique doll dresses on it. The lady at the Big Box cutting counter insisted that I should only use one main color for my quilt. After a lot of back & forth -- both to the cutting counter & the store itself ... and then to Big Box brand #2 so I could stealthily buy more colors, I was so happy I used all the colors. It's a child's quilt & it's meant to be fun. I love it. My niece is still thrilled by it every single day. It's great to gather input, but don't let someone bully you into making a quilt that is to their taste when it's not even for them.)

And finally, a lesson I'm still trying to put into practice ... don't work on more than 2 quilts at a time. You will end up with UFO's and be drowning in projects that may never get done.