Old 10-26-2015, 05:13 AM
Fizzle

Did a remodel last year. Granite countertops, white and wood cupboards, stainless appliances. Well, we wood paneled the dishwasher fronts.. I love it. Did a beautiful piece with lots of colors from nature (brown, black, some whites, golds) veining all through it as a full slab on the island. Then did black honed on the rest of counters. The black does water spot but I just TRY to clean up after myself! (Got some NORWEX microfiber rags. Very helpful with spots and streaking.) It's not that super shiny kind. The honed tones it down. I went granite over quartz as all the Quartz is the same to me? Looks like little dots of color? Or something.? I like the natural veined look over the manufactured look I saw with the Quartz. I REALLY wanted soapstone!!! Check that out. Very antibiotic. And beautiful! But, only comes black with occasionally a vein of Green. Good luck with your remodel. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine and don't know if I could do it again. Lived out of a back bedroom "temporary kitchen" for 6 months and was stressful.. Get on HOUZZ and start looking.