View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 01:02 PM
MCH

As for the alphabet networks' programming, it's all about demographics / specifically, age.

I would be described as "early-mid-century vintage"... not much that appeals to me in the current TV line-up. I generally enjoy DIY (but, most of those programs degenrate into infomercials for big-box home improvement stores or on-line furniture stores), HGTV has deteriorated into one continuous "looking for a new place to live" series of shows. When I can find them, I enjoy Salvage Dawgs, Building Alaska, and Barnwood Builders -- all of which are DYI shows, but they do include added content about background, techniques, and history. Oh, add Rehab Addict to the list. And, when all else fails, my husband and I will endure a San Francisco 49'ers football game. Whew! What a lousy team they've become. Never been a Raiders fan, but at least they have QB who knows where to throw the ball or is creative enough to modify the play based on the opponent's defense. Did enjoy watching the Seattle / Raiders game on TV yesterday.

All I can really say, is I'm delighted we have a DVR, enabling us to search and find programs we like, to record.