Old 10-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Barbm

We are in the process of picking everything for a kitchen overhaul. Our counters- I'm guessing they will be quartz (no maintenance- I work too many hours!) because I can't get anyone to work with me to install recycled glass ones. They are set in resin and are awesome! I love color and I want color and not be like anyone else. My sink is farmhouse style in colbalt blue. (Did I mention I like color?) the back splash with be either white subway tile with an insert of a collection of my sea glass or mosaic tile in beachy colors. Cabinets are medium tones with a darker wash- I think it's called cinnamon maple. My stove is a Jenn Air 6 burner with a stainless steel and glass hood. The microwave is a drawer (also Jenn Air). My floor, hopefully will stay the same- I spent a ton of money on it when we built the house 14 years ago and I love it- it has tumbled edges. The color is greens and blues and tans. I did do something stupid and picked light beige grout, but I had them steam cleaned recently and sealed and it looks brand new! I am left handed and the kitchen layout is moving a bit to accommodate my hatred of corner cabinets and lazy susans. UGH! the island will become longer as the refrigerator moves to a different wall. Adding some more cabinets, overhead ones with glass doors and lighted to show off my crystal and carnival glass collection. Still trying to find someone to do those countertops.....