Old 10-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Snooze2978

Prism99, my Innova came with the red snappers and at 1st I used them in leiu of pinning. Found them to get in the way right at the beginning unless I advanced far enough they would pass my deadbar. So I made up some extra leaders to attach to the original leaders and then back to pinning my backing to them at the back of the frame. Also my leaders were attached by the installer wonky so I drew a line using a magic markers across the original leader so I could attach the new ones straight. Of course I realize now if I planned my quilting just right I could avoid the hitting of the red snappers with the deadbar but sometimes I'm just plain slow in the thinking process. I do still use them to attach the backing to the belly bar though. I even purchased some extras/different sizes too.

As to getting them to go onto the other half, if you bend them backwards a little, that should open the slit in them to go over the part on your leader.........at least that's what I do and I'm in a cold, cold basement. And yes, in time they will loosen up for you as they did for me.