Thread: Say What?!?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 12:59 PM
DonnaFreak

Default Say What?!?

Howdy y'all. ☺

Last year for my birthday and Christmas combined, my husband bought me a Brother SC9500 sewing machine, and I LOVE it! It sews smooth, has over 90 stitches, and is very user friendly. Since I mostly use it just for when I need fancier stitches, I haven't oiled it yet. I have been using my featherweight for pretty much all of my piecing, but that will probably change now that my 8-year-old DGD has claimed it as her own. LOL!

So the other day, I pulled out my Brother because I was going to use the blanket stitch on it to do some machine applique on a baby quilt I'm making. I gave her a good cleaning, changed the needle, then pulled out my trusty manual to see where the oiling points were. Can you imagine my frustration when the manual informed me that this machine was specifically made to NOT be oiled by the owner/user?!?!? According to the manual, your supposed to take it in to a Brother service center to be oiled!

I have to say that I was shocked to see this! How on earth could a person who used this machine on a regular basis afford to take a machine in to be serviced every time it needs to be oiled??? What on earth we're they thinking?? Has anyone else run into this? If so...do you take yours in to be serviced every time it needs oiling, or do you just oil it yourself? If you do, how do you know where to oil without the manual giving you any directions? I'm just floored! 😕

Donna

Last edited by DonnaFreak; 10-27-2015 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Typo