Old 10-28-2015, 07:17 AM
marciacp

Originally Posted by Texas_Sue View Post
Hi, Marcia! I know the area you live in. I grew up (teenage years) in Hallmark - an addition that was between Everman and Fort Worth.

I'm so glad you wrote and will look forward to hearing from you often.

My applique class is with Nancy Amidon and she will be teaching Pear Pereira of P3Designs.com method. It was offered in Wylie, TX at the Blue Ribbon Quilt store. Kind of a drive and in early morning work traffic! I am looking forward to learning this new method.

My Friday Paper Piecing sew day is being held at Quilter's Dream in Colleyville. Have you ever been there? It a really cute store but is going downhill and I'm afraid that she will soon be out of business. Times have changed so much, but all good things end sometime.

Susan
I'm very familiar with Hallmark. We lived in Edgecliff Village for 13 years before we moved back to Crowley. And, yes, I am very familiar with Quilter's Dream. So sorry to hear it may be closing soon. Seems like so many brick and morter stores are closing, even those that have been around for a long time. Back in my quilting hay day, my quilting friends and I used to go all over the DFW area to quilt shops. I pretty much know where they all are, or were, and have been to most of them. I like the Waxahachie shop and there is a good one in Midlothian as well. Hope they can make a go of it.
Marcia in Crowley