View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 03:03 PM
cottagemary

Default Greetings from Fort Worth, Texas

Ah, Fort Worth . . . where it's FINALLY sort-of fall! This Oregon girl wilts for about 8 months out of the year in sunny Texas. Fort Worth is a nice city, though, and I've made wonderful friends here.

Hello, everyone. I'm Mary. I've very recently taught myself to quilt. To do that, I've done an awful lot of online searches, and the Quilting Board
keeps popping up with some really good information, so I thought, why not join? Finally, today, I did.

My first projects were four-patch (16 square) hot pads for a fall festival, which turned out pretty nice. My current project is quite different: a full-size bed EPP quilt in the “Star Bouquet” pattern, to replace the one I had on my bed as a child. I loved that quilt! It was a true 1940’s feedsack beauty that I even re-bound as a young teenager when the original binding began disintegrating. My great-grandmother made it for my father; she made quilts in different patterns for each of her grandchildren. My now ex-husband didn’t pay a storage bill while I was in graduate school, so someone somewhere (hopefully) is enjoying it. L Still, it’s been a wonderful adventure hunting for feedsack fabric and more contemporary material with a vintage look. I’ll include a block here and there made with new fabric scraps from a few of my sewing projects. I'm not going to rush it; it will be finished when it's finished. Here’s the very first block:

Anyway, I will finish this mini-novel and get on with the rest of the day. I look forward to meeting members and participating as much as two jobs allow. All the best, new friends!
Attached Thumbnails block-1-110.jpg