Old 10-29-2015, 04:44 AM
huskyquilter

Ninasue, have you tried DE?

Well, I just really haven't felt into the fws blocks this week for some reason. Maybe I'll work on crystal tonight, but I am giving myself a pass on daffodil. I just don't like that block at all and refuse to spend my limited, and therefore valuable, sewing time fighting with her. I'm working on a simple throw for our couch out of a couple charm packs. Going to do a simple hst design, but can't decide if I should do one block, or a sampler. I'm thinking a simple Ohio star will do. Finished blocks will be 16" so there will only be 12, plus the border. Got them all sewed the last two nights, and tonight I plan to press and trim. Sometimes its nice to do something a little simple!

Other projects in the works include, but aren't limited to the following:

1. Queen bed quilt in progress from these blocks: http://wombatquilts.com/2015/10/05/h...broken-dishes/ I'm doing 3 colors - blue, aqua, and pink, all in bright jewel tones with low volume. Some will be the color scheme she did hers in, but others will reverse the color/background areas. It's a fun block that comes together really quickly. This is a long term project, and I'm in no rush with it.

2. Mom's table runner and placemats for thanksgiving - haven't worked on these in a while, I should probably open that bin and reassess where I am since thanksgiving is right around the corner! Also, I really should just bang this one out. Once it's finished, all of my deadline projects will be done. Might make some simple gifts for family members for christmas, but haven't decided. I really kind of want to have something in my apartment that I made.

3. FWS - don't wanna talk about it.

4. There's gotta be more...