Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by bearisgray
What size do you make them?

120 quilts? WOW WOW WOW!
I make most of them throw size, but there have been some exceptions. I made one t-shirt quilt that was CA King for a retiring Highway Patrolman, I figured he was deserving after doing both military and civilian service to his country. He sure had collected a lot of shirts over the years.

Another exception was a t-shirt full size quilt I made for Bill Knowlton, Bluegrass radio emcee and host of a weekly PBS program for well over 30 years. He has told me that quilt will be in the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame upon his demise. Right now he uses it as the backdrop for shows and public appearances. I didn't know when I made it where it was destined to appear. I was only hoping to help and elderly man save his memories.
The fact is, I get so much more back then I ever dreamed when I started making comfort quilts.
I am often asked, "Can I pay you to make one for my _____ (fill in the person)." My answer is always a firm, "NO! I will make one for them. You just cannot pay me to do it." I always get a warm heart from the surprise on their faces when they hear the rest after my solid No.