View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 11:40 AM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
What does everyone feel about magazine subscriptions? I get Fons & Porter and American Patchwork and Quilting (I think it's McCalls). Although I continue to subscribe to these, I've cut down on others. I think I'm going to get inspiration from them, but am not sure anymore. Which ones do you continue to subscribe to? Are you finding that they are the "same" patterns--just different patterns? Trying to justify to myself when they come up for renewal next year.
Hi NoraB, I don't get subscriptions to magazines. But, have seriously stopped buying so many. I find that most, not all the patterns in the magazines are the same. Just different fabrics. I do enjoy buying Quiltmakers 100 Blocks magazines. It usually comes out 1 or 2 times a year. I figure if I can make a block, I can make a quilt. And, someday maybe that will stop. There are SO many free patterns on the net. So, I do purchase other magazines at times. But, my purchases are few and far between. (Sorry quilt magazine manufactures.) That has also done a lot to help stop my impulse buying of fabric. Having a compulsive, collecting personality comes with it's own challenges.