Thread: Phaff machines
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 10:46 PM
Lewayne

Cool

Originally Posted by Lewayne View Post
Hi, I'm totally new on here. Was trying to find out anything, something on Phaff quilting machines. My sister, who is hurting for money right now, is wanting to sell me her Phaff 2044 quilting expression machine. It happens my wife is looking for a new machine and, in retirement, might start doing some quilting along with general sewing. I too have sewn a good deal although not much recently. I became a furniture maker. Anyone have one of these machines? Or just know something about them? Quality, service record, ease of use, shortcomings, anything like that you might want to comment on. I would like to hear from you.
I'd hate to try to do her a favor and end up with a headache. If you know what I mean.
thanks wayne
Hay, thanks for the replys. A very active board. My post was on the second page in just the one evening. I knew the spelling was wrong but I had nothing in front of me at that moment. An interesting evening, the wife was trying to finish sewing a Japanese jacket for our newest grand son's 100th day pictures. A tradition I guess. Gale's Japanese from Maui. We were using our daughter in law's Brother without a manual. Kim couldn't find it. Wow, a very different machine than I had ever used. IT took a bit to figure out. Like looking under a new car hood, I don't even know what half that stuff is anymore. But we, mostly she, got it done. She was copying one that was a real nice bit of craftsmanship and she did real well. Her mother was a seamstress though, so it's not like she has no background. She hasn't sewn anything for years though. We haven't had a machine for a long time. I made clothes for a living for a short time myself. In one of my other lives, so to speak.
My sister is bringing it over tomorrow and we will play around with it for a while. She has a lot of the attachments too, I think.
thanks again.