Old 11-01-2015, 05:30 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Oh but we love your little stories, Bev....Quiet day..just the Grands for T or T. Kids, big and little snarfed down both batches of caramel corn. Got the recipe years ago from HS friend

5 qts popped corn

1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white corn syrup
1/2 t salt
1 c butter

Heat above over medium heat to boiling. Boil for 5 minutes...I like to stir with the flat bottom pancake turner...prevents scorching as you are constantly scrapping the bottom of the pan. After the 5 minutes add 1 t. vanilla and 1 t. baking soda. Stir well. This will foam up increasing the volume of the caramel. Pour over the popped corn in 2 metal cake pans. I use my large stainless steel bowl instead. Put in 250* oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool, breaking up the clumps with wooden spoon, later you can use your hands. It cools fast and ready to eat soon afterwards...watch it it will disappear before you know it...

Playing with Time to Commit blocks...while that project simmers for inspiration I'm making a 16 block mini scrappy log cabin as a thank you for a box a scraps a quilt friend gave me. Think I will make a second one for this January's school fundraiser. Have a couple of ideas to sew as well. Back to the logs.....Seems like it's later than it is. Will watch my Sunday night programs while I sew...Later

Last edited by oksewglad; 11-01-2015 at 05:39 PM.