Thread: Phaff machines
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Lewayne

OMG! When we were playing with a bit yesterday the fabric was hanging up and not feeding. MJ, my sister, noticed that black arm in the down position and said" Oh, this thing is down, I can't remember what it is. We lifted it up for the rest of our test. It just wasn't properly engaged. After you guys comments and looking at that short video. This thing is amazing. I love the walking foot. such a cool design.I may have to take up sewing again.
I went to design school for a while, early seventy's, and used to make western shirts. I even made clothes for my wife early on. It impressed her mom no end that I could sew. She's a seamstress in Hawaii. Back when she started making clothes a Kress was the only department store on Maui. She ran a little shop out of what had been the garage, for years. she's 96 now.
Then I went into furniture design and building. I have a really nice shop in back of our house. Art quilting seems very appealing to me. Way too many things interest me though, and I have done a lot of them but there is only so much time. I just finished remodeling the whole house and we have a door to the attic on the new staircase wall, not in a great place but moving it was a lot of work. Gale wants to do a quilt to hang and hide that door. I like the idea too. We just bought a 1967 Silver Streak travel trailer I'm in the process of rebuilding the whole interior. Our oldest son is an architect, he is doing all the design work and I'm the builder. I was just thinking how a couple nice quilts would look wonderful on the beds. If I'm not working project, I'm pacing. I love a challenge.
anyway, I'm buying the Pfaff. thanks for the comments.