View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Caroline94535

Default Feet Fetish, or is it 'Fetishes'?

This is to all the vintage sewing machine folks, and the people who collect, study, and promote all the bits and bobs and accessories and feet that go with the machines - yes; you know who you are - YOU have corrupted me. Yes, I place the blame squarely before your feet, and I Thank You from the bottom of my heart!

I'm still tweaking the Singer Fashion Mate 252 I bought I 1975. I have learned there were two versions of this machine made during its short run, one in 1971 and one in 1974.

Their Instructions Manuals are nearly the same, except for the copyright dates on the inside covers; the diagrams and attachments of the bobbin cases are different between the two versions. The '71 came with three metal feet; the '74 came with one metal and two plastic feet. There is a difference in a gear on the bottom part of the machines, also.

I have a paper copy of the 1974 version and a PDF of the 1971 version. It was while I was comparing each page of each manual (do ya think I need to get a hobby?) that the differences finally became apparent.

Any, I've found, purchased, and been given several of the original parts, along with other feet that will fit my Singer 15-91.

Here's how I have organized them. I also have two rufflers, an adjustable hemmer, a tucker, and couple other oversize parts that won't fit in this Plano box, but for now, this works.

I love my Brother P-Touch Labeler, too!
Attached Thumbnails case-2.jpg