View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Diana

I have a Janome 6600 and would not trade it for anything.
I am not familiar with Bernina 430 model that you are looking at. You really should compare the features. If you quilt, then the Janome has a built in accufeed system that does not require you to have a bulky walking foot. (you can see so much better than a wakling foot) I could not live with out the thread cutter button for piecing. (not a single thread to trim when you finish.) Just compare those features on these machines and the price difference. Berninas are always more expensive for the same features.(so are their accessory feet, cleaning and repair..if needed)Not to worry about the shop people... there are several yahoo groups out there for instant information and support on the machine you choose. I have enjoyed my Janome 6500 group (it started before the 6600 came out) so it is technically now the 6500/6600 group. The other thing you may want to consider is the fact that Janome is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year and is coming out with a new machine..,.,.Janome owners are waiting with baited breath. They say it is a cross between their best quilt machine (6600) and their embroidery feature....we don't really know yet. If the new machine is not what you want..,(suppose to be out in April), the 6600 will come down in price when the new machine arrives..... I purchased my 6600 a year and a half ago for $1200 with the clear table. Features and price are what I would consider. Good luck and happy quilting.
Di in TX