Old 11-04-2015, 09:39 AM
SewMachines

Default New Here and Needing help with a few old machines

Hello all! I have been collecting machines for a while, but just joined QB. I see there is loads of knowledge about these lovely old machines! This is an amazing resource!

I recently added a poor frozen and rusted curved-needle Florence machine to my collection. I have worked on it some and now have it cleaner and moving smoothly I am guessing the age to be around 1868 as the cloth plate was missing (with the serial number) in addition to the shuttle and bobbin. It had a broken curved needle that I removed. I borrowed a shuttle, bobbin, and needle from another Florence that I have but was hoping someone here might have a lead on any extra parts. I do have a spare shuttle for a Florence, but it is missing the inner flap and spring, so it does not function.

Since this one does not have a treadle, I have decided to mount it on a display board and try to fix a piece of plexiglass for the cloth plate so that the mechanics can be seen as it sews. I have it sewing nicely by hand, but would love to have the correct parts for it.

Thanks so much!

Suzanne in Virginia
(if someone could tell me how to post photos, I would be glad to share)