View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Dolphyngyrl

I have the VM6200D which has the same sewing features as the 2400. I have had my machine over 3 years with no issues. It handles thick layers beautifully. It is a very durable solid machine. It has truly been a dream for me to sew on. It also FMQ nicely. I like you have found that I don't care for the stitch regulator that I purchased for mine. I have sewn fleece, jersey knit, vinyl, and minky well with it. One of the features I love most is the muvit foot, which not sure if that feature cost extra on the 2400 as it comes standard on the 3000. I love how it FMQ and I love playing with ruler work on my machine as well. If you are interested I think the 3000 really is worth the extra price for the extra features as I find them extremely helpful. I think it runs 1k more but I think the muvit foot by itself cost close to 600 and I think that is one of the best features of the machine and really you are spending 400 extra for the laser and the pen. I think if you can try one of the other v-series models if they have any to try that are not on the frame it will give you an idea of the features as they all have the same features and platform as the 2400 but just with more extras. Bernina's are a different animal than brother you have to test drive to see what features you prefer. I have only ever used a 550QE before so not sure what the differences are on it and the 7 series models. I can say that I much prefer the v-series machines to the 550QE that I used. I am not going to get into why as it is a personal choice and everyones interests and opinions are different which is why test driving will make the difference. I feel that the 2 models are so different in function and feel you would just have to have a preference for one.