Old 11-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Snooze2978

My 1st paper pieced project was Jinny Beyer's Crystal Star. I was hooked after that but haven't had time to do any others. Went to the Des Moines Quilt Show this year and saw Jacqueline de Jonge's Brilliant Beauties of Joy and thought "YES" that's my next paper pieced project. I have a friend who likes modern quilts more so than traditional so have been looking a long time for just the right pattern to make her a quilt and this is it. Didn't buy the fabric to go with it at the time as I'd spent my fabric budget for the month already plus thought I'd be able to order it online when the time came. Boy was I wrong on that account. The fabrics listed on the back are hard to find and a bit pricey but a quilter on the quilting board contacted me and gave me a substitute list in the Hancock 1895 batiks that were similar so started ordering them ahead of time. Still missing 5 out of the 24 colored batiks. Ordered a similar black starry fabric and a black&white striped fabric by another designer. Think I'll be able to use a solid black for the interior section of the pattern.

Anyway, started cruising thru the instructions and started having second thoughts on whether I could do this one or not but I've been told to just take it one step at a time and I would be able to do it. Won't start it till next year as I need to finish quilting the tops I already have finished. Told myself I couldn't start another quilt till they were done and out of here.

Wish me luck on this one.