Old 11-10-2015, 12:55 PM
frannella

Default Calling All Grannies: Infant Velveteen Holiday Dress Pattern?! --HELP!!

All you experienced sewists out there, forgive the off-topic post, but I am at a loss and need your help. I have spent the better part of a week looking for a simple infant (6-12 mos) dress pattern that I can make up in a velveteen fabric as opposed to all the lovely heirloom and other classic patterns out there suitable for fine silks, lawns, batistes, and linens, etc. I saw possible options for sizes 2 and up, but nothing, really, for infants.

In my search I have seen virtually no holiday dress patterns for stretch fabrics like velveteen and/or knits. The fantasy is a pattern for a simple red or black velveteen dress with capped or long sleeves in size 6-9 months to which I can add an embroidered white lace collar. I already have several collar patterns, so the dress pattern itself doesn't need to have a collar, but it can't feature a gathered neck. Although that's the plan, the bodice needn't be made of velvet, but whatever fabric I use for the bodice I would love to attach a velveteen skirt to it without heavy, clunky gathers and/or bulky, clunky seams.

Do you know of an infant dress pattern that might fit the bill?

MTIA from a first-time granny whose beautiful granddau will be 3.5 months this December.