Old 11-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Bree123

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Aurifil costs more than Connecting threads and Coats and Clark but it is NOT an expensive thread when you figure out the price per per yard. I would post a link to a post I made on my blog 2+ years ago but I get censored every time I do. I did the math and Mettler and Gutermann come in only less expensive than KingTut and Masterpiece.
I totally agree. I did the math vs. Gutermann as well & it worked out to be almost identical -- especially when I compared the smaller spools (100 yards Gutermann vs. 200m Aurifil) that I use for applique. But $10 for 5000 yards for the Connecting Threads spools is well below the price of Aurifil. Still, I have no intention of switching away. I get beautiful results with Aurifil ... it makes me look like a better quilter than I actually am every single time. I only wish I could go back & sew my very first quilts with Aurifil. All those frustrating experiences using cheapy threads & fabrics from big box stores. I almost gave up quilting a few times. I'm not a fancy person by any means, but I do love my collection of Aurifil threads.