Old 11-12-2015, 06:14 PM
love to sew

Originally Posted by SuzieQuilts View Post
I am a Bernina girl, so you know which one I am leaning toward. I will give my same advice to you as I have done in the past. Don't forget to take in to consideration the customer service. How close is each dealer? Can they work on the machine in shop, or will they have to send out. What kind of support and lessons are they offering? How does each make you "feel" when you visit with them? Do they seem only concerned with selling the most expensive machine, or do they appear to want to help you make a good match with your needs? Customer service is what "sealed the deal" with me close to 30 years ago and I am still with the same Bernina dealer.
I totally agree with everything above. I too am a Bernina girl now too! But the store is very close to me and I love going there. I bought the 440 because at the time it is the lowest price one that had the stitch regulator attachment and I was hooked. The sales person was so nice and no pressure. I have since met both of the owners and they are gems, they also have machine techs there at the store for maintenance and cleaning also repairs. ( I have never had to have any repairs but I do bring it in for regular maintenance/cleaning. ) I had just started to free motion quilting and loved it so much that I decided to get a long arm so now I don't use the stitch regulator attachment which at the time was $900. Wish I could sell it. It was very easy to learn to use and like I said it got me hooked on quilting. Besides piecing for quilting, I do a lot of clothing construction and I am very happy with the Bernina.