Old 11-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Snooze2978

I'm quilting an oversized lap quilt for my sofa. I have a kitty that likes to paw at it after every meal. She doesn't have claws in the front but when she jumps from the back of the sofa after her routine of pawing/scratching she jumps clear over to her condo..........about a 6 foot jump so I know she digs into the sofa to give herself a little "UMP" for the jump. I also can see little claw marks on the fabric. So hopefully I'll get the quilting part done by Sunday so I can stitch the binding on Monday and have it to work on while I recover from foot surgery on Tuesday. Got all my TV shows ready to go (recorded on DVR), have the phone next to my recliner, tall glass of vinegar water and I'm good to go. This quilt has 10 rows and I'm quilting it sideways as I'm doing a feather cable that takes 40 minutes time using the robotics. Also almost a full bobbin on each row too. Didn't realize just how stitch intensive it was but always wanted to try out the feather cable pattern I have in my collection from Ellen Munnich's designs.