Thread: Happy Heart
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 09:40 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I understand how you feel. When I first began my quilting journey, I made quilts for both my son and daughter. My DD picked out the pattern and fabrics for a quilt by Georgia Bonesteel with hearts, the only quilt I ever hand quilted. Then DS wanted a blue and black quilt, so I picked out the Triple Irish Chain, very graphic, and he wanted a leopard print on the back. I felt fortunate to find some for $1/yd. at a discount store, 6 yards, just what I needed. My son took his quilt with him every time he left home and it came back with him as well. My DD has hers tucked away and may give it to our DGD at some point in time, since she will not be having children. Our son was thrilled when I made a quilt for DGD, presented to her at Christmas, finishing the binding just before going to their house on Christmas Eve. The joy I saw on her face when she saw the quilt made my heart soar. I'm told that it always stays on her bed, although her favorite blankees, have priority, which I understand. Beautiful quilts by the way.