View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 11:44 AM
DJ

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Thank you for sharing photos of your great ideas! I have not heard of decoupaging the fabric and using foam board.
Your corners look so crisp. I found the corners challenging. What is your method for folding the fabric at the corners and do you use a staple gun on the stretched canvas? Thank you!
Thank you all!

Sorry for the late response to your questions. We are in AK with newborn grandchild. I like the foam core board because it is light weight. I'm not sure if in the future I would use decoupage glue or not. The fabric tends to want to bubble and is rather hard to get it totally flat. Recently, I did something similar using the foam core board, but I used batting behind the fabric with some temporary spray basting (505) to hold it all in place while I wrapped it and finished the corners. I did use a regular desk stapler to hold the fabric on the back. I did the corners pretty much like wrapping a present. When I had the batting underneath, I clipped some of it out of the corners to reduce the bulk. Of course, the corners are the hardest part. I'll post a copy of my most recent project using foam core board, batting, and fabric. I also wrapped a ribbon around the edge and used decorative pins around the edge for additional décor and stability. I hope these ideas are helpful and I'd love to see what others are coming up with.
Attached Thumbnails img_1521-2.jpg