Old 11-15-2015, 01:20 PM
bayyjayy

I went again today and got three more pieces of material!!!!!!!!! I haven't had a chance to play with them, but I will definitely post some pictures soon so I can get some opinions. I LOVE forums like this. It is amazing the kind help you get from others who share whatever passion it is....thank you all so much.

I was going to add some tans, but since he is her swimming coach, I want it to look like a pool, not so much with sand. I thought and thought about adding other colors in, but.......we will see how it works out.

I did stay away from large prints, though I found some beautiful prints. I don't have my design wall up at the moment, but as soon as I start cutting my fabric it will be up again. I am very busy at the moment and really shouldn't be quilting, but.....it needs to be done by the end of the school year, so figured I would get started early and work on it as I can.

I really love the colors in your table runner. It is amazing to me when I see people make things from donated material. My mother in law made gorgeous quilts out of some ugly material before. That is what has helped me more than anything....to see how weird and sometimes UGLY material goes so well mixed in with other material.....but still, this is the hardest part for me....figuring out the material (and the funnest, really!).