Old 11-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Snooze2978

Default Which Iron-On double sided sheets would you use?

Hello, searched thru the topics here and went out to the sites suggested to read up on the double sides adhesive sheets available and I'm still stumped. Here's the problem, I'm helping a gal make a long poncho out of sweatshirt fabric I had laying around. She then decided (maybe we both decided this) to make it reversible so added another velour type sweatshirt fabric. Now I'm thinking I need to do something to the 2 layers to keep it from shifting all the time so thought "I'd quilt it". I know I should have not cut at least one of the fabrics 1st before quilting so I'm thinking of using some sort of double sided adhesive sheeting to keep them from shifting while quilting whether on my domestic machine or my quilt machine. I've read up on Wonder-Under and Steam-a-Seam II but nether one states whether they will gum up my machine needle plus I don't even know if I can iron on sweatshirt fabrics. Can you? Which sheeting should I go for as I'll have to order a large quantity to cover this pattern? Right now I've pushed the project over to the side as I'm at a loss. Obviously I didn't think this project thru before I dove in.

Suggestions appreciated.