View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 06:57 PM
LousPeachy

Smile It's Finally Out Of The Box!

Well, after several years, my Project Runway Brother LB6800PRW Sewing/Embroidery Machine is out of the box! There are reasons it sat in the box for so long but this isn't the time or place for that story.

When I got the machine, which I had wanted for a very long time, the money situation was good so I have lots of embroidery thread, designs and other supplies. DH is going to put all the designs I have on a CD and I will put them on my laptop. I found a good size piece of scrap fabric (REALLY ugly) that I will practice on starting tomorrow so I can learn both the sewing AND embroidery functions on my machine. The 2 1/2" squares are cut out and ready to go to make my first project, a Christmas stocking. Hopefully after some trial and error (not too long I hope) I can start my project. And with the embroidery part I can put the recipients name on the cuff! It will be a special gift for him if I can do it...LOL. Jenny from MSQC has what looks like a real easy one to do.

Does anyone else have a sewing/embroidery machine? This one I have is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars on almost every site I go to. Does anyone have THIS particular machine? To be honest, this whole thing scares me half to death. Getting old does NOT get rid of the hebegebies of trying something new!!!

Anyhow, I will let you know how it goes. It is a inexpensive way of making some nice Christmas gifts. And I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for the special fabric pieces they have sent me so I CAN make these special things. It wouldn't be possible without their kindness and the knowledgable, helpful people on this forum. I will post pics as I complete each gift.

God bless all of you,
Louise