Old 11-16-2015, 08:45 PM
petthefabric

Default Back to square 1 on a project I thought finished.

I've been working on a large project that involved many people and 34 quilts. After some experience, I finally decided to make kits with extra strips, in case I miscounted. Since I thought we were finished, I got rid of all the leftovers. Well one of the learning experiences has been sitting on someone's shelf and she's discovered, you got it!, she doesn't have enough strips. And wouldn't you know it's someone with NO stash. So now it's back to square one, cutting strips.

Since it's scrappy, I took the opportunity to make lemonade and clean out my scrap box. Had a big stack of strips for her, about 30 orphan blocks, a bag of little fabric scraps for stuffing in a dog bed, one less UFO (it's part of the dog bed). Also, I found a lot of those "Now, where did I put that". They all went back into the scrap box to be rediscovered the next time I clean out the scrap box.

Having recently had the carpet professionally cleaned (I had to straighten the room so he could find the floor), the carpet was "virgin" until my scrap box exploded. Now it feels like home, let the quilting begin!