View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 06:34 AM
grammasharon

Default Three firsts and a question

First I want to thank everyone who recommended the Brother CS-6000i. It truly is a workhorse and has so many extra features.

For the first time I used the Elmer's glue method on a table topper. Wasn't sure just how to go about it. Bought some foam brushes and thinned down the glue somewhat. Must have still been too thick as it dried hard but Brother went right through it. Hand stitching the binding on was another story. I was wondering if anyone has mentioned or ever tried thinning it down enough to put in a spray bottle or suggestion on how to keep it from being spread too thick all over.

Was going to pick up some basting spray at JAs but read the large cancer warning on the back so decided against it. Too many people in my family have already lost to cancer and have a sister, granddaughter and son who are still battling it.

My third first was that I did FMQ on the Brother also and it turned out to my satisfaction which wasn't very high for the first try. Thank you all for your many suggestions that have helped me along my quilting journey. Blessings Sharon