View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 07:55 AM
pjntexas

Default Getting Organized and Finding Room for Everything

Pat, when I only had a portion of a closet for my storage, I had quilting items stashed everywhere. Under-the-bed storage bins are great for storing batting, hanging devices for the closet, such as slacks hangers (wonderful for larger cuts of fabrics). Save your wrapping paper rolls and use them for larger cuts too. Hanging shoe bags can be used for notions, and manageable sized stackable clear bins marked well with labels. And you don't have to keep all those magazines. If there is one quilt you love, create a binder with clear protector sheets and file that pattern in the binder. Little file cabinets are an excellent way to store fabrics by hanging them in the drawers by color family. They take up little space and can store a lot of fabric in an organized fashion and you can use the label holders to add color family information. Also, Pinterest has some excellent ideas for organizing and stashing craft, sewing, and quilting goods. Lastly, if you are like me and forget where you stored something, keep a little notebook and be faithful in recording the location of all of your quilting items and returning them to their place. Then, you won't get frustrated hunting for that one special tool you need! Happy Quilting!